Sometimes the word "man" is
added in translating the Masculine Gender of Adjectives or Nouns, in which case it is not
one of the words given below.
- anthropos = an individual of the Genus Homo;
a human being as distinct from animals. See Appendix 98. XVI, for
"the Son of man".
- aner = an adult male person. Latin vir an
honourable title (as distinct from a mere "man", No. 1); hence,
used of a husband.
- tis = some one, a certain one.
- arren = a male; of the male sex.
- arsen. = The same as No. 4; being the old Ionic
form, as No. 4 is the later Attic form.
- teleios = one who has reached maturity as to age or
qualification, or by initiation. Rendered "man" in 1Corinthians 14:20. See note there; also
Appendix 125. 1, and compare 1Corinthians 2:6.